A breakdown of the scenes missing from the television airing (Rete4) found in the Italian Super8 print released by ‘Film Autori’ (circa 1970s).
- The first scene appears during the first post-credits sequence and is simply an extension of the existing scene. It runs around 30 seconds.
- Note: the scene is intentionally shot with a pink filter.
- In the second trim below we see the man turn and place the cup on the table – I’m guessing it’s only missing due to print damage, it lasts about a second.
- The third cut is probably also due to print damage as it simply extends the existing scene and shows the women getting into a boat and the man waving goodbye, It lasts around 10 seconds.
- The fourth and final trim is mentioned in the list of official censor cuts (see italiataglia.it) and shows Manuela in her underwear – the television recording cuts just as she’s about to remove her dress. In the original censor request they ask that the scene of her removing her underwear be removed which suggests this should have played out longer.
It’s also worth noting that the super8 print, running at 24fps, clocks in at 82 minutes whereas the television recording totals 78 minutes simply because it runs a lot faster. The missing footage only amounts to around 45 seconds.
Due Fogli Poster